Lake Amistad

OUR HISTORY

Edwards-Graham Insurance Agency is the oldest insurance agency in Del Rio and Val Verde County. Founded in 1906 as the A. G. Edwards Insurance Company by Del Rio pioneer Asher Graham Edwards, the business sold home and property insurance. It was located on the southeast corner of Main and Garfield Streets. The company provided insurance for the bustling town and county of just under 8,000 people.

In 1910, 9-year old Thomas Graham, Jr. moved from Junction to Del Rio with his parents and siblings. He graduated from Del Rio High School and then attended the University of Texas. Upon returning to Del Rio, he worked as a bookkeeper for Del Rio Lumber Company while setting up the Thomas Graham Insurance Agency in 1925.

In March 1937, Asher G. Edwards and Thomas Graham, Jr. announced the merger of the two local insurance agencies. Edwards-Graham General Insurance Agency was formed and the office was relocated to the Old Del Rio National Bank building at the southwest corner of Main and Greenwood Streets. Thomas Graham, Jr. took over the reins and ownership of the company upon the death of Mr. A. G. Edwards in 1938.

While Mr. Graham was growing the insurance agency, he also started the Del Rio Loan Company in the same downtown building. Victor Lee and D. A. Herrington made up the administrative force of the fledgling company as loan officers in 1937. The Del Rio Loan Company was eventually sold to Victor Lee in 1965.

Mr. Graham developed a successful sales team beginning with Barnett Adams in 1941. John M. Jones, Jr. joined the agency in 1948, handling the life and health insurance sales for the office. In 1949, Thomas Graham, III joined his father’s sales team. Kenneth Hildreth joined the sales force in the late 1950’s, selling property and casualty insurance. In 1962, Robert V. Cauthorn joined the agency team. These men formed a successful sales team under the watchful eye of Thomas Graham, Jr.

In 1965, Thomas Graham, Jr. retired from the daily operations of the agency. In 1970, he sold the company to his sales team of Thomas Graham, III, John M. Jones, Jr., Kenneth Hildreth and Robert V. Cauthorn. Two years later, Robert Cauthorn bought out his partners and became the sole owner of Edwards-Graham Insurance Agency. The other three men remained onboard as salesmen and producers. The agency also moved to its current location at 1906 Veterans Blvd.

In 1988, James Guy Cauthorn joined the agency as a partner and remained with the agency for 12 years. During that time, the agency expanded to Ozona, Junction and Sonora. In 2001, Rachel Andrea Beavan purchased Edwards-Graham Insurance Agency in Del Rio from Robert Cauthorn. She and her highly-trained staff continue today with the same hard work and dedication to provide security and peace of mind for the citizens of Del Rio and the surrounding area.

In 2004, Edwards-Graham Insurance Agency combined forces with Val Verde Insurance Agency, established in 1945. Under owner Rachel Beavan, this merger of the two oldest independent insurance agencies in Del Rio provides more opportunities for insurance coverage

for Del Rio, Val Verde and the surrounding counties. Many men and women have graced the doors of the oldest agency in Del Rio as either employees or customers.

The agency has a history of giving back to the community it loves through many organizations, including Del Rio Chamber of Commerce, the Rotary Club, the Lions Club, Little League, Booster Clubs, Val Verde Area Development Foundation, Military Affairs Association, School Board, Hospital Board, Del Rio Council for the Arts and church leadership positions. Each owner has been actively involved in community growth and development.

Edwards-Graham Insurance Agency has continued for over a century to support the community and provide guidance and protection for the lives and property of its neighbors. clients.

GET A QUOTE!
Your Name   
Your Email Address
We will not share it, or sell it.
-OR-
Your Phone Number
Your question:

For security, please enter the number "seven hundred seventy seven"  

Hours & Location

1906 Veterans Blvd
Del Rio, Texas
78840

Mailing Address:
PO Box 420007
Del Rio, TX
78842-0007

Office Hours:

Mon-Thurs 8-5
Friday 8-3
Call us !
(830) 775-2411

Watch our very cool
TV commercial !